Read this post to uncover the truth about valentines day. Love is in the air. Urban Guide to the Galaxy wants to spread some #truth about this holiday and offer the male perspectives on what should be expected on this female dominated holiday.
This guide may not capture everyone’s sentiment but will still be entertaining nonetheless. For insights on the male perspective of this holiday. I asked my coworker friend (who might I say, is very honest and in touch with his feelings). Read his answers below
What does valentines day mean to you?
- Time of giving to people you like, Gifts for significant others
- Reflection on the past relationships, their ups and downs, and how you want to be treated
- Reminiscing happy memories and creating new ones (even if its with friends, lovers, pets, you name it)
Describe valentines day in the movies vs. Reality
- In movies the guys are either rich or spend too much which is hard to believe because we never see them actually working
- In real life, a dinner with a small gift will always be better than big presents
- Thoughtful gifts trump gifts that cost bags of money (In my opinion both sides should give gifts to each other, guys need love too)
- Reality, a candle lit dinner in an apartment or house is usually good enough. Or depending on the person sometimes Netflix, and ordering junk food is also the best date.
- Spending the whole day together instead of one night would be a better thing to do, but that’s my opinion
What do guys want for valentine’s day
- Depending on my interest at the time. I would want something thoughtful but not too expensive but not too cheap either, so I don’t really know. Lol.
- Possibly a new signature smell (perfume) (Something that smells good and goes together with the other persons perfume, (Complement each other)
- Nice homemade dinner at an Airbnb or at whomever house/apt. Surprise me with my favorite dish
- Some game like Call of Duty or any games/hobbies that I like
- Maybe sports games tickets for two. Tickets for me and a buddy or (couple) to go the game
- Personally, speaking I like live shows and musicals! That would be fun for me but it has to have good reviews
How should one make the most of their time with someone they care about?
- I don’t know… Spend time with them. Have fun get into deep talks about life.
- Talk about aspirations and goals, things you both want to do together…travel etc.
- Do something you both enjoy, it’s not like a one-sided thing
- If you like going out then go out, but if you like being more of a homebody then stay in, order food or cook together. It’s important to spend time bonding
- Try not to talk about yourself too much wait for questions to be asked so you don’t take over the whole conversation
- Enjoy the night and the day. Don’t show disinterest unless the topic of conversation is boring as hell. Try new things… do new things….
- Be serious and show you care…. Don’t just keep saying it. Talk is cheap
And there you have it. The truth about Valentines day. Sending love to everyone this month and remember to check back for more Urban Guides.
Follow us on IG: https://www.instagram.com/urbanguidetothegalaxy/